Ticking All The Boxes
Following and satisfying the insurance requirements of the UK’s largest underwriters (including AXA, JLT, Willis and Insolvency Risk Services), our nationwide team of mobile Vacant Property Inspectors are ticking all the boxes and protecting landlords’ investments up and down the country.
Helping You Meet Your Deadlines
A building is considered ‘unoccupied’ when either vacant, void or disused.
Insurers stipulate that if landlords have failed to fulfil the conditions of their insurance cover for unoccupied buildings then they will lose the right to indemnity or payment for that claim. The second stipulation is that buildings must be decommissioned within 28 to 30 days of appointment or vacancy.
With next-day service and fixed charges we can ensure all your deadlines and budgets are met.
Our Decommissioning Service
1. Securing the property against illegal entry.
2. Securing all external doors.
3. Changing all locks within 7 days.
4. Replacing or boarding up all broken windows.
5. Sealing letterboxes if unoccupied for more than 6 months.
6. Removing all internal and external waste materials.
7. Shutting off the gas supply.
8. Shutting off and draining down the water supply
(unless a sprinkler system is installed).
9. Shutting off the electricity
(unless this is required for viewings or alarms).
10. Inspecting property internally & externally every 7 days.
11. Logging all visits with date, time and identity of inspector.
12. Reporting any breaches to the landlord or managing agent and recommending action to rectify problems immediately.