Warehouses tend to store valuable stock that you cannot financially risk losing. If a warehouse is not properly secured, you run the very real risk of the valuable items inside being stolen by thieves or vandalised. Luckily, there are a number of different ways in which you can safely store your products, away from prying eyes.
With over 30 years’ experience in protecting commercial properties, construction sites and residential developments through a variety of different security solutions, we have the knowledge and expertise you need when looking to secure warehouses and storage premises. In this guide, we explain the steps you should consider taking to make sure your warehouse is secured.
Warehouse and Depot Security Cameras
Cameras can make a significantly positive impact to your premises’ security. They act as a very strong visual deterrent to outsiders and opportunists who may well be tempted to steal items from your warehouse. In the event that a crime is committed and items are taken or damage caused, their presence can help to identify the culprits far quicker, so that your goods can be recovered as soon as possible.
Secure Site offers a number of different CCTV systems that our highly-trained engineers can install on your premises, fitting to your requirements and providing bespoke systems – whatever your budget may be. We offer the following security camera systems that can be used to secure your warehouse:
- Permanent CCTV Systems: We offer systems that cover a range of solutions including high quality bullet and dome cameras to capture hi-res images throughout day and night. These types of cameras also record and store footage on HD NVRs (Network Video Recorders), which means you can remotely monitor your premises wherever you are and at any time
- Temporary CCTV Systems: If you have a smaller budget, we also provide VideoGuard. This is a wireless temporary CCTV system that strategically places PIR (passive infrared) video cameras in particularly vulnerable areas, like your warehouse. These can be remotely monitored and they are entirely self-powered with their own communication systems
- Wireless Intruder Alarms: We also have the VideoGuard Plus intruder detection system that can be easily installed by one of our specialists at your premises. It provides unrivalled video capture whatever the time of day or night
Consider Warehouse Layout for Security
Another way to make your warehouse more secure is to simply consider its layout, with consideration for where everything within is located. For example, in the majority of cases of warehouse theft, it is the docking or shipping areas that tend to be the most vulnerable.
As a result, you should try to situate the manager’s office as near as possible to the main doors to be able to detect intruders.
Depot and Warehouse Fencing
It is always pertinent to consider fencing off the premises’ perimeter and the outside areas to make unauthorised access to the site as difficult as possible without being granted entry.
Secure Site can help to install a variety of perimeter security solutions, depending on your needs, and can install any of the following fencing options:
- Metal Panel Hoarding Systems: If you need for a more uniform site premier with an increased degree of security, a metal panel hoarding system could be the best option and is a great deterrent for intruders
- Heras Fencing: If you require an instant and effective perimeter fencing solution to secure your warehouse or depot, Heras fencing uses mesh anti-climb fence panels to safely secure your warehouse. The Secure Site team is able to install and deliver this nationwide and it can cost from as little as £2.50 a week to have this kind of fencing on your premises
Warehouse Access Control Systems
A potential option for you to make sure your warehouse is secure at all times, with access tightly controlled and managed, involves purchasing and installing an access control system.
We supply and install a range of access control systems which can be integrated into existing sites, or ‘turnkey’ turnstile cabins which are possible to drop onto a site, ready to operate immediately.
Our systems can also incorporate fingerprint biometrics, to ensure you have the highest level of security. This also removes the risk of proximity cards being passed onto third parties, in-turn reducing the risk of theft.
Then, when the site is not in operation the metal container cabin blocks can be fully locked, but can provide access when the site is closed to authorised users. We also offer the option of renting or buying an access control system which can be delivered and installed at short notice. Regardless of the option you choose, you will always benefit from a reliable and consistent service every time you choose us.
All our engineers are SSAIB-registered and we can help to easily integrate control systems with any existing fire alarm or CCTV system, providing you with additional peace of mind.
We can incorporate the CCTV to provide visual identification of any users, which can also be accessed remotely if required, providing you with a more enhanced security option if you need it.