Improving your access control procedures and technology could help detect coronavirus symptoms before workers enter a construction site. This may control the spread of infection.
There’s no doubt that meeting Covid-19 compliance on your construction site has become a vital security measure.
These ‘uncharted waters’ are forcing many managers to question,
What should I be doing on my construction site to meet Covid-19 compliance?
After all, we’re regularly hearing stories of projects being suspended due to a Coronavirus outbreak on a construction site, such as the one in Belfast a few weeks back.
In this post, we aim to cover what provisions you could (and should) be putting in place to ensure you remain compliant, and to avoid any costly project delays.
Read on to find out more…
COVID-19 and Construction Sites: What The Government Says
In the approved document, Construction And Other Outdoor Work, the Government highlights some key measures to maintain safety in the workplace, but offers little in the way of concrete, practical, industry-specific solutions.
In light of this, the most responsive security providers have adapted to the needs of construction companies and augmented their ‘tested and true’ approaches with new services and technology.
The Initial Site Survey Cannot Be Overlooked
At Secure Site, we highly recommend an initial site survey and consultation. This will allow us to understand – not only the site-specific security risks – but other measures that need to be in place to meet Covid-19 compliance.
Once a clear understanding of your site is gained, we’ll look at the most-effective solutions available to you.
In terms of Covid-19 compliance, we will always assess your access control measures. Improving your access control procedures and technology could help detect coronavirus symptoms before workers enter a construction site. This may significantly control the spread of infection.
Construction Site Entry & Access Control Turnstiles
The better the turnstile build and technology, the more likely you are to be Covid-19 compliant.
These days, turnstiles don’t just grant authorised access to a construction site. They can have a range of features to ensure safety and compliance.
Here are some key questions to ask yourself when looking at entry & access control turnstiles:
- Does it feature a thermal camera to check workers’ temperature?
- Does it have contactless face recognition scanners, as opposed to fingerprint scanners?
- Does it have mask detection?
The key features above may help to:
- Identify a key symptom of the virus (high temperature)
- Stop workers from potentially spreading the virus by touching surfaces as they enter a site
- Identify individuals even when they’re wearing a face mask
- Prompt those who aren’t wearing a face mask to do so
Conclusion: Always Seek Ongoing Support For Construction Site Security Services
When investing in any type of security provision, we highly recommend a partner that offers ongoing support throughout the entirety of your project.
Here at Secure Site, we:
• Regularly report on the security status of the site.
• Rapidly respond to any intruder threat or security issue arising.
• Provide on-going maintenance of the security system installed.
• Provide on-going consultation and support regarding security and Covid-19 compliance to ensure both the needs of the site and business are met.
As well as construction site entry & access control turnstiles, we provide a range of security services, including construction site intruder detection CCTV, construction site security guards and much more.
Get in touch with an expert today. Get your site assessed. Get your construction site security ready AND Covid-19 compliant.
Call us on 0800 170 13 12 or fill out the form below.