Which is the best for the construction & building industry?
With so many aspects of a new build to consider, security for construction sites is often overlooked. Many sites are an easy target for vandalism and theft once contractors leave for the day. It’s usually only hoarding that protects the site whilst left unattended at nights and weekends. Expensive plant, tools, materials and inadequately secured site offices are all very tempting for would-be thieves, with the disruption not only causing down-time and potentially resulting in missed deadlines, there’s also the significant cost of replacement to consider.
- Almost 1 in 5 sites are vandalised every week in the UK
- 1 in 3 suffer theft of plant or equipment
- £1billion is spent each year on losses and this is steadily increasing
MANNED SECURITY & DOG HANDLERS…
The presence of a uniformed security guard will assist in deterring thieves and vandals from your construction or building site. A uniformed and SIA licensed static guard can also help your business with non-security related issues, assisting in routine tasks, vehicle checks and restricting unauthorised access. Uniformed security guards can provide highly effective security, especially for premises or property spanning large areas. By patrolling the perimeter of the site, including in/out buildings, this ensures all hidden places are covered if potential trespassers or thieves gain access.
• Secure Site’s static guards are available 24/7.
• Deployed nationwide within 2 hours for an emergency requirement.
• Provide a visible sense of security and a great deterrent to crime.
• Combine with alternative security to ensure a 24/7 monitored site, such as mobile patrols or CCTV (which can also help save costs).
• Combine with dog handlers for an extra sense of security.
• Security guards can also be used as a customer service ambassador on site for visitors or vehicle check in.
• At just £2 more per hour, but able to protect to the same level as 3 static officers, security dog handlers are very good value for money and a great psychological deterrent.
…Vs. ELECTRONIC SECURITY
When the budget isn’t there for a security officer, electronic alternatives provide cost savings as well as the ability to cover large sites and effectively allow monitoring of multiple areas simultaneously. Secure Site UK has developed a bespoke range of construction site alarm systems, including VideoGuard, with wireless cameras and 24/7 monitoring for an immediate escalated response to trespassers, FireGuard to instantly warn everyone on site to the outbreak of a fire, or ScaffoldGuard to ward off trespassers and thieves and potentially prevent severe injury.
• With next day installation, sites can be secured at very short notice.
• Used on a temporary basis to watch over vulnerable sites and assets.
• Various CCTV monitoring systems to suit different sites (with or without power on site).
• Remotely monitored accessed systems.
• Off-site monitoring and recordings of crime ‘in action’.
• No additional costs for welfare on construction and building sites.
• Maintenance and support 24/7.
Since a ‘one size fits all’ approach rarely suits the client, here at Secure Site UK we tailor-make security options to fit individual site requirements and budgets.